Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, October 11, 2010

Chipboard Card



My project today is created using three Creative Inspirations colors: Mocha Latte, Burgundy & Green Olive. I also used a piece of chipboard as my card base, and white cardstock.




My butterfly was created using a "kiss off" technique. I painted a layer of burgundy onto cardstock and then with a CLEAN stamp I quickly pressed the stamp onto the paint. This removes some of the paint, leave a clear impression of your image. It's a favorite technique of mine, because it is subtle. You don't always want a dark stamped image, right? :)




The card base itself is made out of a 5x10 piece of chipboard. I scored it using a craft knife and folded it. I painted the base with Mocha Latte, to make the chipboard seem like it shimmers :)

13 comments:

Marlene said...

I love the effect you achieved and the technique with the stamp is too cool.

Jan Hennings said...

Very pretty card..love the colors and the technique!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Very pretty! Love the shimmer!

Kassi said...

very nice! Love the technique

Creative Inspirations said...

Great job! Love the technique and look at that shimmer!

byondbzr said...

beautiful!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh pretty chipboard and card! TFS!

Karen Wilson said...

WOW look at all thatshimmer! Pretty card! And I really like that color combo too!

Lyneen said...

Love the technique the paint adds so much!

Jenn K said...

OOHHH!! You had me at the butterfly alone! Really Gorgeous!

BarbaraW said...

Love the idea of the chipboard and the kiss off technique using the paint is great.

Kianel said...

beautiful card!
thanks for sharing your technique!
love from France, Kianel.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great chipboard project- thanks for the technique too!