Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Inspired by Friendship:)


Good morning and Happy Wednesday!!!! Can you believe we are now into June? WOO! HOO! A few more weeks, and our son will be ending his tour in Iraq:)  Today's card was inspired by this week's Creative Inspirations Paint Challenge..."Friends":)  I don't have many friends, but the friends I do have are truly gifts from God...and I would be lost without them!!! We laugh together...Cry together...and...We keep one another as sane as possible:) I know these amazing ladies are always there for me...and I hope they know I am always there for them. I think the hardest thing is...we all live in different states (NC...SC...WI...CA), so what we share is typically over the phone or via the internet. One day, I hope to win the lottery and have them all move to rural NC:) A girl can dream right? Anyhoo! When it came to making a card that signifies friendship, I immediately thought of marathon phone calls and laughter!!! It doesn't matter why we call (to vent, to cry, to complain, etc...) at some point, it all leads to laughter:) So, this is how today's card came about.


There is no "real" patterned paper on this card...but there is recycled paper.  Can you tell what it is? If you guessed a page from an old phone book, you are correct! I went to the "L" section, and chose the page that contained the last name of "Love" cuz I got a lotta love for my BFFs (if you look at the upper right hand corner of the top panel, you can kinda make it out). For privacy purposes, I also tried to conceal names and numbers...you can see one or the other, but not both. I sponged Tutu Pink CI Paint over the entire page, don't you just love all that sparkle and shine? It took a drab looking page from a phone book and jazzed it right up!! I tell ya...I simply cannot get enough of this awesome paint!!  For the phone, I colored it first with Prismacolor markers, then painted a coat of Tutu Pink over the pink areas. I don't know if you can see it (my photography skills leave much to be desired), but the dots on the phone dial, the top layer of the stamped doily, and the edge of the circle have shimmer from Antique Silver CI Paint. I really wish I could have captured the shine and shimmer better!


I hope you will be able to play along with us in this week's Friendship Inspired Challenge at Creative Inspirations Paint!!! We love admiring your beautiful creations, AND it's the last challenge of the month, so you know what that means, right?!?! Next week, one lucky winner will be drawn from all of this month's challenge participants!! That means you could win some awesome Creative Inspirations Paint to try out for yourself! BUT...you gotta be in it to win it;) We'll be looking for you!!!

Have a super blessed day!!!
HUGS & SMILES!!!
Carolyn

(:For a detailed listing of card supplies, please stop by my blog:)

7 comments:

Holly said...

Oh this is beautiful!! Your friend is going to love this!

Sarah said...

Carolyn, your card is gorgeous! I love how you used a phone book page, so creative! Hugs, Sarah

BarbaraW said...

Beautiful card with lots of meaning

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Oh my, how beautiful. You really outdid yourself. The colours are awesome. Your stories were good too. I'm so glad your son is coming home soon. Like you, I don't have alot of friends, but what ones I do, I treasure.

Creative Inspirations said...

This is a beautiful card and I love your story behind it.

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful card, I love all the detail! Great story as well!!

FibreJunky said...

Not only is that a fabulous card, but it's extra fabulous news about your son!!

BTW, my family calls NC "the black hole", because somehow or another, just about everyone we know eventually ends up living there at some point. I don't know how, but it really seems to be that way. Right now, my mom is living there!