Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Feb. 14 Card

LinkSo now that Christmas is over, and you are starting to recuperate from all of those Christmas cards that you made - it's time to start working on Valentine's cards!

I started this card by embossing Black Ice Dust cardstock from Worldwin Papers with a Cuttlebug folder. Next I painted over the whole thing with Creative Inspirations paints in Fuchsia and a second coat in Blush. After it was dry, I sanded over the top, which exposed some of the black cardstock.

(Two different variations - black cardstock and pink cardstock)

I also got a chance to play with some of Creative Inspiration's new glitters for the heart. I used a Spellbinder die, and cut a large sheet of Scor-tape. I removed one side of the backing paper and completely covered the heart using the Resplendence Regal Red Glitter. I put the heart back into the die and used the stenciling openings to put a small amount of glue along the shape, and fill that in with the Resplendence Gold glitter. I let this dry completely and then removed the other side of backing paper and adhered the heart to my card. Hope you will try some of these techniques out!

6 comments:

Dawnll said...

This is beautiful and I love that you sanded after painting.
Great project

Creative Inspirations said...

Beautiful work!

Holly said...

Love your backgrounds and I love that glitter! :-)

BarbaraW said...

Beautiful backgrounds. Love how the black turned out.

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful backgrounds!! Love the glitter as well!

Irit Shalom said...

Really lovely card!