Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Vintage Back To School

This week our inspiration is 'Back To School'.  Recently I found this oh, so cute image at The Graphics Fairy.  I have to smile every time I look at it.

I used a MS border punch to make the black frame and then painted it with Onyx CI Paint.  The layers were distressed and I used Tea Dye distress ink.
 The double crepe paper ruffle has one layer of Tea Dye distress ink and one layer of Sage CI Paint.  The flower is made from an old dress pattern.  Autumn Wheat was the perfect color to edge the petals.  I also used Sage along the bottom of the lace and then added one of my stick pins.


 I then gave the entire card a spritz with my homemade glimmer mist made with the Sage paint.  Love all the shimmer!

Thanks so much for joining us.  Hope you have an awesome day!

4 comments:

Kassi said...

wow! that is so adorable! I love all the textures and details!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful layout! Love all the detail!

BarbaraW said...

Adorable image. Love the embellishing.

Creative Inspirations said...

Love all the detail.