Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Friday, May 20, 2011

coming clean...

Hey everyone! I hope you are all having a wonderful Friday and looking forward to a fabulous weekend!

Today I have a quick tip to share with you...

Have you ever noticed just how hard it is to get all the shimmer from the Creative Inspirations paint out of your paintbrush?  Now you all know I'm a girl who loves to sparkle everything up, but when the shimmer builds up in your paintbrush, the brush gets hard, and eventually will have to be replaced.  This is where my tip comes in...

Peg board... get one!!!


Ok, let me explain.  What I mean by "peg boards" are plastic boards with lots of little pegs on them. You sometimes find them at craft/art stores by the fine art brushes along with other brush cleaning stuff.  You can also find them in the kid's craft section with something called "Perler Beads".  Perler Beads are little plastic beads that you can arrange on the peg board, then iron, and the beads all fuse together to keep your design. (I spent hours playing with Perler Beads when I was growing up!)
Anyway, get one of these amazing little peg boards and put it in the bottom of your jar of water you use to clean your brushes. (or in your sink if that's how you roll).  When cleaning the Creative Inspirations Paint off of you brush, gently scrub the brush across the pegs under the water... It makes a world of difference!

Enjoy!
~Kassi

4 comments:

Creative Inspirations said...

Great Tip!!!!

Holly said...

Great tip! I've never seen these "peg boards" before - something to keep in mind the next time I go shopping. Thanks!!

FibreJunky said...

What a fabulous tip!! Not only do I use my Creative Inspirations Paints, but two of my kids paint rather often, so this is very timely. Thank you!

BarbaraW said...

Thanks for a great tip.