Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Thursday, May 5, 2011

For You, Mommy

This week at Creative Inspirations Paint we are being inspired by the special ladies in our lives, whether that by our mother or somone else who has an extra special spot in our hearts. 

I had the privelege of making a card for a yound lady to give to her mother. We wanted lots of flowers and this cute stamp had flowers.



  I decided to try some faux flower soft by rubbing two pieces of styrofoam together until I had lots of shavings.  I colored it with my Creative Inspirations Paints using Sunshine, Amethyst, Blush and Green Olive. I only used a drop of paint and it colored a lot of "Flower Soft".  I also used those colors for the butterflies. I first colored the image with Prismacolor Pencils and then adhered the faux flower soft.



Thank you so much for visiting CI Paints and taking the time to enter our challenges.  Don't forget to check out the wonderful tutorials and discover all the different ways you can add some shimmer to your creations with Creative Inspirations Paint.

8 comments:

Creative Inspirations said...

Very cool Sarah, love how you made the flowers.

Dawnll said...

Now that is a very creative way to use the paint- it looks just adorable as can be.
Thanks for the inspiration
blessings to you, Dawn ll

Holly said...

This is so sweet! I love your faux flower soft!!!

~ Kendra ~ said...

What a beautiful card! Love the way you made the flowers, neat idea!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautiful, beautiful card. I've heard of faux flower soft, but I've never seen it before. So much work, and love, went into this darling card.

Kirei na Kami said...

WOWZA!!!! Your card is blooming beautiful, and your "flower soft" is brilliant!!! Thank you for sharing your creativity and this fabulous card!! In all honesty...I think I prefer YOUR flower soft over the original:) Now, I feel the urge to dig for some styrofoam...;)

Hugs!!!
Carolyn

Kianel said...

Oh what a cute card Sarah!
Love from France, Kianel.

BarbaraW said...

Great idea to use the paints with the faux styrofoam . Very pretty