Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Distressed Wooden Cross

                                       Greetings CIP Fans!
 Today I'm sharing a wooden Spring Cross that I distressed. After I added some crackling paint I wanted a more distressed look with using the CIP paints.
I rubbed the CIP color Chocolate with a sponge over the entire cross to tone down the yellow color, and to help the cracks in the wood to become more detailed.
Love how the chocolate color really gave the cross a more distressed look! For the flower I used Tickled Pink and Tutu pink for the carved lines on the flower. Love the amazing shimmer on the flower and the Tickled Pink is such a gorgeous color!
I used Jeweled Inspirations in Siam and clear for the center of the flower from CIP.
To finish the cross I added a antique brass plate and added the word Rejoice.
I used the CIP color Coal to trace over the letters!
I used Tim Holtz crackling paint.


A close up of the CIP Chocolate on the cross!


The amazing shimmer on the flower using Tickled Pink and Tutu Pink.
Love the Jeweled Inspirations Rhinestones!


A close up of the amazing shimmery colors!




We still have our 200 followers Giveaway a $20.00 Starbucks gift card and a sketch challenge on the Facebook!

6 comments:

Kimberly S said...

Beautiful job with the paints and bling Michelle! :) hugs, Kimberly

Rita Barakat said...

I love the mix of the crackle with the paints! Gorgeous!

Mary Jo said...

Very cool technique, Michelle!

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful Michelle

Emily D. said...

Lovely cross Michelle!!

~ Kendra ~ said...

What an amazing cross, I love it!! You did such a beautiful job!