Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Friday, October 8, 2010

TWO BED TIME STORIES...

Hello Everyone! This is Chris Dickinson here! Welcome to the Creative Inspirations Blog! I am filling in today for the talented Samantha Star, who did not have her paints in time for her first post. 


For your viewing pleasure, I have TWO projects for you! Both using the Inspired By Challenge - Bedtime Stories. The first card uses the "Jack Be Quick" and the second card uses "Rudolph the Red-nose Reindeer."   We would LOVE it if you played along too!


My first project uses these dreamy, creamy paints! I have to admit. Once I started painting with them I could not stop. I sat down and painted about 10 images! The only reason I stopped was because it was my bed time. 


 These paints have just the right amount of sparkle to them and are SO easy to use! I started out by grabbing my water color paint brush and Plum and painted the candle.  The flame portion I painted with the Canary, Garnet, Mellow Yellow and Pumpkin and just a touch of plum in the center of the flame.  I used Antique Gold and Gold for the candle holder. The leaves were painted with Emerald and the berries were painted with Garnet and Burgundy for some shading.


You can really see the shimmer of these gorgeous paints on the white card stock before  I cut it out for the card...






For my second card, I used the Denim paint for the back ground of the stamped image. I painted the antlers with the Tan paint. I used the YUMMY Chocolate paint for the reindeer and Garnet for his cute little nose! The Raw Sienna paint was perfect for the stars and I used the Tutu Pink for the inside of his ears.




I hope you enjoyed these projects! Thank you for stopping by and taking a look! Have a GREAT weekend!

12 comments:

Kassi said...

those are fabulous! I totally know what you mean about getting addicted to using the paints!

Creative Inspirations said...

Those are awesome! Love how you painted the leaves on the candle card. Great job and thanks for filling in.

byondbzr said...

Love them!!!!!

Jenn K said...

These are super Cute!!

Samantha said...

Thanks for stepping in :)
Great cards!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Great cards! I love rudloph! Love leaves on the candle are beautiful! I hear ya...I am so addicted to using these wonderful paints! Every project I make usually has at least a little of the paints somewhere! :)

Jan Hennings said...

love this card..shimmer and shine :)

jimlynn said...

So elegant - and so fun! Both are just wonderful.
Lynn

Karen Wilson said...

These cards are beautiful!! The shimmer really shows, its very pretty!

Kianel said...

I just love your cards, and what a funny little Rudolf you got there, sooo cute!
french hugs, Kianel.

BarbaraW said...

Adorable cards. The candle is so pretty. And Rudolph makes me smile.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love both of your projects- the candle image is such an elegant card and love the snowman! Beautiful job with the CI paints!