Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, February 27, 2012

Shimmery Doily Backgrounds

Good morning! I hope you had a great weekend! It's Holly posting today and I've got some shimmery doily background cards to share with you.

I started by stamping a doily from I Brake for Stamps with Versamark and then I embossed them with Deliquesce Fine Clear embossing powder. Then I scooped out some shimmery Blush paint and mixed it with a little water to thin it out a bit. Using a wet paintbrush, I picked up some paint and swiped it all over the cardstock and then let it dry. :-)


Here's a close-up of the gorgeous shimmer:


I had so much fun with the pink card, I couldn't stop!!! I did three more cards in different colors. The colors of Creative Inspirations Paint that I used are:

Blush, Sky Blue, Lavender, and Sage


You can see the shimmer here:



When I opened the Deliquesque Fine Clear embossing powder, I was awestruck at how white it is. Some other brands of "clear" embossing powder are a dull eggshell white or sometimes even an ivory color. This powder is so fine and it wasn't clumpy at all (like some other brands have been). It melts beautifully when hit with a heat gun. I absolutely love the embossing powders that I've tried from Creative Inspirations Paint!! I need a huge vat of every single color!!

Here's hoping you have a wonderful week!

CI Paint: Blush, Sky Blue, Lavender, Sage
Embossing Powder: Deliquesque Fine Clear
Stamps: doily and sentiment (I Brake for Stamps)
Ink: Versamark, London Fog Memento
CS: White
Other: Labels 18 die (Spellbinders), May Arts ribbon
TJ Technique: morphed Walnut Ink Resist

7 comments:

Dawnll said...

I love them Holly!
Al the colors are beautiful and such a great idea to share

Sandie said...

I adore this!!!

Irit Shalom said...

This is just adorable!

Kianel said...

Beautiful Holly! Take them all, lol!
Love from France, Kianel.

BarbaraW said...

Beautiful Holly. Love that you tried the technique in so many colors.

Creative Inspirations said...

Great project Holly!

Unknown said...

Holly, those turned out so pretty!