Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Tag for my Mom

Hi All! Carla here today... a bit later than usual! But suspence is a good thing right?!

I wanted to share a tag I made for my Mom who recently celebrated her 60th birthday! Where does the time go? Crazy! She, like me, loves shiny pretty things, so I think this is right up "our" alleys.

This started out as a regular old shipping tag. I painted the whole thing with Ivory CI Paint and added the lace and seam binding to it. Then I stamped my little tag, edged it with Beige and colored in the roses with Emerald, Rose Quartz and Burgundy paints. I also used the Beige on some metal letters I had after first giving them a quick coat of white alcohol ink as a base.




Here is a close up so you can see the detail on the flowers, they are kind of hard to see on the photo above.


Last step was adding a few small embellishments and voila! A pretty tag to brighten any birthday package!

9 comments:

Dawnll said...

This turned out so pretty! Bet she loved it even if you shared her age...lol

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful, love all the shimmer!!

BarbaraW said...

What a beautiful tag.

Kassi said...

what a lovely gift!

Kianel said...

Carla, your tag is absolutely gorgeous!
Super fun card!
Love from France, Kianel.

Holly said...

Oh my! This is beautiful! Love the painted tag and the lace and seam binding!

Irit Shalom said...

Most gorgeous tag!

Unknown said...

Oooh! That is so pretty!
Hugs,
Gini

Unknown said...

Oooh! That is so pretty!
Hugs,
Gini