Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Color Matching + Adding Shimmer to Brads!

Happy Tuesday Everyone!!

We hope you are enjoying the projects we are creating along with all the tutorials and ideas we've been giving you to do with these paints! If you haven't already gotten yourself some of these paints, you should get out the Creative Inspirations Website to see all the wonderful colors to choose from! They sure add some beautiful shimmer to any project!

Now onto my card I made this week. I used a Great Impressions stamp I recieved in my last package from Molly. I really like their stamps.

Look at the shimmer!! Yesterday, Kassi did a tutorial on watercoloring with the paints, which is something I really like to do! I used a water brush with the paints to coloring in this image. I used Autumn Wheat, Burnt Sienna, Tan, Buttercup, Sage, Green Olive and Sea Foam.

A few weeks ago I did a tutorial on altering paper with the CI Paints, which is what I did with the main background piece of this card. The flowers on this sheet of paper where blue and I decided to use Sea Foam to add some shimmer to the background to spice it up a little!

Another thing I really like to do with the paints....is altering my BRADS! You know how it is when you are doing something and don't have the right color brad or can't find the right colored shimmery brads downtown for a project, well CI Paints is to the rescue once again! I used Buttercup to color in the sunflowers in the stamp and thought it would be the perfect color to use to cover my boring plain yellow brads. So not only did they add some pretty shimmer to my brads, but they also now match my project!

The three brads I altered!

This week I wanted to take a closer look at two of the colors I used for this project:
Sage
Green Olive

My goal was to find an ink color that makes the colors as best as possible.

I found that Versa Color 61 Olive matched CI Paint "Sage" perfectly! Along with SU's Sage Shadow. (below is a picture of Versa Color Olive and CI Paint Sage)


As for CI Paint Green Olive, I found the Stampin' Up color Certainly Celery was a great match! (with the flash it looks a tad darker , but it is a great match!)


Thanks for stopping by! Have a shimmery day!

If you already are using the CI Paints, please remember to link your project to our blog, we'd love to see what you are creating!

Kendra




5 comments:

Kassi said...

great card! I love that stamp! also, fabulous job on matching colors!!!

Ashley Newell said...

Ohhh, how cool! I love the card, it's fabulous!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very pretty card- love the great colors and love the touch up to the DSP.

Clare said...

great card, thanks for the color matching info!!

Creative Inspirations said...

I like your card!!! I also like the idea of being able to match your brads to your project. Painting them eliminates having to buy some in every single color you find. Great job on the color matching too.