Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Sunday, July 4, 2010

quite charming..

Hello everyone! Ready for more inspiration? Well, let's get started!!!

Today I want to show you Shrinky Dinks. If you have never worked with this material, you should give it a try! It is very simple. You can use punches, free hand, or even use a die cutting machine like the Cricut. Want to stamp on it? Great, just use Staz-on.
Once you have it how you want it, use your heat tool to shrink it. You now have custom charms!
Is this really all you can do? Of course not!!! Now is the time to add some bling!

For these little flowers, I stuck some masking tape down on my table sticky side up. This holds your charms for you leaving both hands free.
Now paint with Creative Inspiration paint! You can use a paint brush to brush on the paint, or you can use a make up sponge to dab on the paint. They give slightly different looks that are hard to photograph.
This flower was painted with Rose Quartz...

Want to spice things up a little? You can actually get two different looks with each jar of paint! How awesome is that!


Both of these were painted with the same Antique Silver. The light one was done the same way I just explained. Cut, heat, paint. The dark one, I switched things up a bit. Cut, PAINT, heat. By doing it it that order, you intensify the color. Isn't it gorgeous? Both are packed with shimmer! Both are beautiful!

Here is a lo I did a while ago using the flower shriny dink charms. They are kind of hard to see in that photo, so here is a close up. I used them right on top of a stamped image to add a little pop of color and sparkle.... Simple yet very effective!

Ok, now for what so many of you have been waiting for... I have a winner to pick!!!

Mary said...

I'm a follower! There are so many beautiful colors. I think I love Tanzanite followed by Fairy Dust. TFS these wonderful paints, Mary M

So, Mary, I need you to send me an e-mail with your mailing address, and your 5 color choices!
Send your e-mail to: elektralou@comcast.net

Congrats! And stay tuned... you never know when we will have another drawing!

Check back here on Thursday for more amazing projects from our DT!

Kassi