Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Using CI Paints to Alter Paper

Good morning everyone! I've been asked to share techniques I have used with CI Paints on Tuesday's! So here goes on my first tutuorial! I found it very hard to pick the first technique, as I have really enjoyed using these paints in so many different ways! The things you can do with these paints is pretty much endless! You just need to let your creative juices flow!

I'm going to start with altering paper and embossed pieces of paper you send through an embossing machine.

I love shimmery paper! I've used my CI Paints to add shimmer to papers that don't already have shimmer. Which is nice, as buying paper with shimmer is usually a lot more.

Using a water brush, paintbrush, or fantastix you can use the paints to add shimmer to any piece of paper you own. I just love it! In this case I used a fantastix from Tsukineko and a CI Paint of choice to color in a few of the dots on this patterned piece of paper.

Close-up Picture:

How cool is that? You can add shimmer to any piece of paper you'd like!


I used a paint brush and CI Paint "Fairy Dust" to cover the entire sheet of paper to put behind these butterflies.

I also used a paintbrush to paint CI Paint "Fairy Dust" on these pieces of paper I cut out with a border punch. I first punched the paper with the border punch then cut the pieces to the size I wanted and then painted each piece.


Just like using ink, I also like to use the paints to add shimmer to the edges of my paper. I dip this paintbrush in the paint color of choice and stroke it on the edges of the paper to add shimmer. In this case I actually first used an ink pad to go around the edges and then used "Fairy Dust" on top to give it shimmer.

Recently I also started adding shimmer to pieces of paper I have sent through my Cuttlebug. Here is a pictture taken just before I was finished paiting the entire piece. Doesn't the shimmer just add a little something? I love it!

Here's a finished card, also using "Divine Swirl" embossing folder. On both of these I used "Fairy Dust" to keep the papers original color and just adding a touch of shimmer!

This is the "Swiss Dots" embossing folder, painted with CI Paints Tutu Pink, Tickled Pink, Fuchsia and Fairy Dust.
On this card I used Spots and Dots Cuttlebug folder along with CI Paints Buttercup, Sage, Turquoise, Tutu Pink, Fuchsia, Lavender and Pumpkin.

Close-up:


Have a wonderful day! :) I'll see you again next Tuesday!



Kendra

4 comments:

Traci S. said...

Wow! This is very exciting to me! I am curious how you put the paint on the rather thin lines of the paper that has been through cuttlebug "Divine Swirl?" Did you just use a teeny-tiny paint brush? Is there a way to use "piping" like the tubes that you put icing on a cake? Or is the paint to thin for that?

I'd love to find out! Please let me know!

He IS Able,
Traci S. (Tstarkweather@cfl.rr.com)

Please visit our card give-away blog! Leave a comment by Tuesday night, and you may win this week's card! http://He-IS-Able.blogspot.com

~ Kendra ~ said...

Traci ~

Hello! I used a water brush to paint the shimmer on the divine swirl embossed piece of paper. I think a tiny paintbrush would also work well.

Kendra

BarbaraW said...

What a fantastic blog entry of techniques. You did a great job. Very inspiring!

Jessica Wekenman said...

These are fabulous ideas and cards! The CI paints really dressed up your cards! I love all these ideas, and it makes me want to use my paints in some new ways!