Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Believe in Magic

This week the challenge is Clean and Simple, so I decided to try my hand at a CAS card. I usually have a problem with CAS, so I hope this works for you.  I created the background by sponging three colors of CI paints -- sea foam, bright yellow, and amethyst -- across the panel. It looks like a rainbow, don't you think. I then stamped the unicorn (Scrollworks [no longer in business]) and the sentiment (Club Scrap). The sparkle of the paint really creates a feeling of magic. I could have stopped there and adhered the panel to the card base, but I had to add the punched corners and metallic inspirations to finish it off. Well, it was quick and almost CAS. Try your hand at the challenge. I can't wait to see what you come up with. Barbara Washington -- designer.

4 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very cute Barbara. Like you, I have trouble with one layer cards.

Sarah said...

Wonderful card! Love how you sponged on the color. Hugs, Sarah

~ Kendra ~ said...

Love the sponged background. Simple yet very beautiful card!

Creative Inspirations said...

Love the sponged background. Cute card.