Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Venetian Carnivale Mask

Good morning! I have a very different kind of project to share with you today. I happened to be browsing around one day and I saw a gorgeous project with a mask on Linda Duke's blog. To be honest, I don't remember what the rest of it looked like - I just remember the mask. It just stuck in my brain and I had to sit down and create something with it.


I used the Antique Glimmers technique from Technique Junkies on the mask, and then I used Antique Silver Creative Inspirations Paint around the edges of the mask as well as inside the eyes. While I had the silver paint out, I used it to paint a bamboo skewer - that is the handle of the mask. Instead of stamping on the mask, I added rows of pearls around the eyes so you can see the wonderful shimmer on the mask.



I hand-dyed the seam binding with various purple inks, and then I attached the ribbon to the silver handle along with some silver cord. A Wild Orchid flower from I Brake for Stamps is at the top of the handle. The sentiment is also from I Brake for Stamps.

I hope you enjoyed my little burst of creativity today. Why not break out of your comfortable stamping norm and try something different? :-)


Stamps: Dream from I Brake for Stamps
Ink: Jet Black Stazon, Dusty Concord, Lavender, Walnut, Tea Dye, Antique Linen
CS: Eggplant, White, Fairy Flora (Prima), Victoria Gardens (Echo Park)
Other: Wild Orchid flower from I Brake for Stamps, pearls, bamboo skewer, paintbrush, sponge, seam binding, silver cord, Delphinium Glimmer Mist, Labels 14 die, oval die
Creative Inspirations Paint: Antique Silver
TJ Technique: Antique Glimmers

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Holly, I love the colors and all the wonderful details! Hugs, Sarah

Kassi said...

Wow! So beautiful! Great job!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Very pretty! I love the colors you used!!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wow, alot of work went into this Holly. I love the purple.

BarbaraW said...

Holly, You did it again. Fabulous and creative project.

Creative Inspirations said...

Beautiful Holly!

Kianel said...

Gorgeous mask!!! Love the pearls and the colors!
Love from France, Kianel.