Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Food of Love


Howdy - it's Holly posting today from Texas. Amazingly enough, I haven't melted from this record-breaking heat - YET! LOL I'm still here and still making cards to share with y'all!

When I went to a shoebox swap back in May, my sweet friend Tex (hi, Bev!!!) and I had some leftover bags with the card parts ready to go. I asked her if I could steal a few of them and she practically shoved them at me. LOL I gave her some of my bags for an even trade.

All I had to do was stamp something on this and glue the pieces down - so perfect for those days when you just don't have much time. I picked out a little flourish/swirly stamp and stamped it on each side of the white cardstock piece, and then I stamped the sentiment in the center.

Do you remember this "Getting Highlights" technique that Kassi did a few months ago? I used that technique by sponging some Blue Ice Creative Inspirations Paint on the embossed areas in the background. I didn't have that exact same tool that Kassi used. I actually used a Colorbox stylus, and it worked out great. It's so shimmery and sparkly!

I hope you are staying cool and hydrated in this hot weather. Have a wonderful day!

Creative Inspirations Paint: Blue Ice
Stamps: Chapel Road - Inchy Designs and a drama/theater set
Ink: Tumbled Glass, Tuxedo Black Memento
CS: Cool Caribbean, white, black
Other: sponge, Labels 4 die, Tim Holtz flourishes embossing folder

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Love the embossing!!

BarbaraW said...

Great combination of embossing, color, and stamps. Love your card.

Kassi said...

I love the simplistic beauty! Great use of the Blue Ice paint too! I sometimes forget how effective that color can be!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

This is so beautiful. I do love the blue that you used.