Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Reverse Acetate Painting

This card uses one of my favorite techniques with Creative Inspirations paints. It's almost fail-proof and it's really easy. First, I started with a piece of acetate to fit the front of my card. For this card I cut a piece from an acetate box I had received some craft accessory in. Then I stamped my image using Stazon on the front side of the acetate. For this card I used the fuschia stamp from Heartfelt Creations. Once the ink  had a minute or two to dry and I flipped over the acetate to the reverse side. It was then time to paint the image. I used citrus, evergreen, sunshine, fuschia, plum and pink highlights for my image. The one thing to remember is that what you paint first is at the front of the finished image. I started by painting the shading of the flowers. Then I painted the other areas. One other tip is that I find that I get a better look if I dab on the paint rather than stroke. Once the image was painted and dry, I could flip it back over and use it on my card. For this card I used the lace die from Heartfelt Creations. Often I will use a dry embossed panel, but I thought the lacy die cut was perfect for the flowers. I adhered the lace die cut to a lighter green panel and attached the painted acetate to the panel with four gold brads. All layers were adhered to a darker green card base. The Happy Birthday sentiment is an Outlines Sticker. It's my dd's birthday today. I hope she likes her card.
Barbara Washington - designer

7 comments:

Kassi said...

beautiful! I'm sure your dd will love it!

Dawnll said...

What a beautiful image and such vibrant colors.

Cheryl said...

This is beautiful! I might need to give this technique a try.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very pretty Barbara. Loving the results of this technique.

Sarah said...

Working with acetate is one of my favs, also. You did an awesome job of coloring the beautiful image. Hugs, Sarah

Creative Inspirations said...

This is beautiful Barbara.

Kianel said...

Barbra, this sure is a piece of art! love your card, Love from France, Kianel.