Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Clean & Simply Inspired


Hello!!!! I hope your Wednesday is off the a beautiful start!! Today's card was clean and simply inspired by this week's Creative Inspirations Paint Challenge:o) A long while back...I won't share exactly how long back, but it was before embossing folders hit the market...YIKES...I purchased a set of DCWV embossed cards. Really, I couldn't pass it up...I have a weakness for a good sale! You heard of the Frugal Gourmet...well, I am his long, lost sister the Frugal Papercrafter;o) So, when I saw this week's Clean and Simple Challenge, I knew where to start...time to dust off those embossed cards and get busy.

The darling image I chose is Hydrangea Hugs by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD Stamp Co. Isn't she a doll baby? I thought this precious image would be the perfect accompaniment with the embossed baby card. I colored the image with Prismacolor markers...added teeny dots to the centers of each hydrangea blossom with my Viva Decor Pearl Pen (White)...and the bow received a dusting of Fairy Dust Creative Inspirations Paint. Actually, there is some Fairy Dust sprinkled in the hydrangea centers too...but my camera didn't capture the shimmer very well. Don't you love how I blamed the camera...it couldn't be me...the unskilled photographer could it? ;o) I used my large circle Nestabilities to cut out my image, then hand-stitched the circle to a doily I colored purple...and the purples are really much closer to the same color in real life...again, it's all my camera's fault hehehe. I'll also let you in on a little secret...I used a stencil from Crafter's Workshop (Mini Dots All Around) as my piercing guide to do the stitching. Finally, I added some flowers and pearl leaves to finish it off. Yeppers! Easy peezy, lemon sqeezey!

I hope you will join us in this week's Creative Inspirations Paint Challenge!!! I am also thinking and praying for all my fellow East Coasters as Hurricane Irene approaches...please stay safe; and for all my friends in and around Virginia, I am praying and hoping all is well with you...we felt the aftershock of yesterday's earthquake and we live hours away. I can only imagine what it felt like for those of you living right there.

Blessings and Hugs!!
Carolyn

4 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

This is so cute. I love the purple doily against the white.

Sarah said...

Lovely card! Such a cute image. Hugs, Sarah

BarbaraW said...

Very pretty. The painted doily is a great idea.

Creative Inspirations said...

Too cute!