Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Back 2 School with CI Paints


Good morning and many happy hellos to you:)

Today's card...I mean project was inspired by this week's Creative Inspirations Paint Challenge - Back to School. Our boys are grown, but I remember how expensive the cool folders, notebooks, etc..were when we went shopping for school supplies. With that said, I wanted to alter something that was very inexpensive by giving it a super quick facelift. Of course, I don't think our sons would appreciate a butterfly folder; but then again, they honestly didn't care what they put their papers in ;) I grabbed an el-cheapo folder (cost 5 cents), a Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist stencil, some painter's tape, a stencil brush and some Creative Inspirations Paint in Onyx and Antique Silver. Once the butterfly stencil and border dried, I simply added some Silver pearls with a Viva Decor Pearl Pen and four metal photo corners from my stash. To wrap things up, I also took a super cheap, standard pencil and painted stripes using Creative Inspirations Paint in Onyx and Rustic Red. I know it is nothing fabulous; but it is a one-of-a-kind:) I also hope I was able to show how a little bit of paint can take something plain and give it a bit of pizzazz...and you won't feel as bad when this folder and pencil needs to be replaced...the total cost was less than 50 cents.


I hope you have found a bit of creative inspiration here today:) We look forward to seeing your wonderful Back to School Creations in this week's challenge!! Have a wonderfully blessed Wednesday!!!

Hugs,
Carolyn

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Carolyn, this is a really beautiful set! I still don't have any of those TA stencils (on my Christmas list:) ) but they work beautifully with the paints. Hugs, Sarah

~ Kendra ~ said...

What an awesome idea! Love the set! Great idea!!

Kassi said...

how fun! thanks for sharing!

BarbaraW said...

What a great idea. It really makes the folder look really elegant.

Creative Inspirations said...

What a wonderful idea.