Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Painting the Roses Red

It's Holly posting today, and a couple weeks ago I was playing with the gals on The Altered Alice blog in their "Painting the Roses Red" challenge. For my card, I found a rose stamp and colored it with pencils and Creative Inspirations Paint. Since I don't have any Alice-type stamps, I looked around for something that would give me that "courtly" feel of the Queen ordering that all the roses be painted red. I saw this harlequin background stamp (Print Pattern from SU) and that was the vibe I was looking for. I didn't want it to overpower the card, so I only stamped a small strip with the harlequin diamonds.


Here is a close-up of the yummy shimmer from those Creative Inspirations Paints:




Creative Inspirations Paints: Garnet & Green Olive
Stamps: Year of Flowers 2 (Flourishes), Print Pattern background (SU)
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento
CS: Black, White, Real Red
Other: circle dies, pencils, aquapainter, scallop edge punch
TJ Technique: Pencilled Twinks

5 comments:

Dawnll said...

What a great combination and perfect balance of the pieces.
Now you know I love the Shine/ bling

Kassi said...

fabulous! I love the red and black together!!!

BarbaraW said...

You know that I love this card. Thanks for participating in the Altered Alice challenge.

~ Kendra ~ said...

Love it! Love the stamp! And love the colors that you used!

Creative Inspirations said...

Very pretty, love the colors.