Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Puff Box for Diana

Good morning, folks! It's Holly posting today, and I've got a personal project to share with you today. A group of dear friends decided to hold a puff box swap, and this is the box I created for my "puff-ee."

A puff box is basically a customized box that you create for a person who is assigned to you. The box can be anything - a wooden box, a papier mache box, a rigid plastic box, even a heavy duty bookboard box. The box is decorated using the "puff-ee's" favorite colors, favorite flowers, favorite literary characters, anything that is personalized to that person.

Inside the box are the puffs. Puffs are little papers with quotes, Scripture, jokes, inspirational sentiments, or poems all typed up and decorated. We were required to have a certain number of puffs, but I know most of the gals in this swap went WAY over that number just because they couldn't decide which puffs to include and which ones to weed out.



I was assigned to make my puff box for a sweet gal named Diana. I wanted to use this fun wooden lunch box from Hobby Lobby, and I painted it with acrylic paint and let it dry. Then I used some patterned papers and some fun flower stickers and added those randomly all over the box. I painted some chipboard letters with the gorgeous Rose Quartz paint from Creative Inspirations Paint - love that shimmer! I also added some of the clear Jeweled Inspirations (also from Creative Inspirations Paint) in various sizes in the centers of my flowers and the edges of the name plate.



Did you know that this week's challenge on the Creative Inspirations Paint blog is "Inspired by Ribbon?" Think I have enough ribbon on here for that challenge? LOL


Go check out the challenge and share your be-ribboned projects with us. You could win some free Creative Inspirations Paint just for sharing. You will love these yummy, creamy, shimmery paints. :-)

Have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

Creative Inspirations said...

That is very cute. What a great gift.

Dawnll said...

Such a fun idea and adorable products...would love to see the Puffs

Sarah said...

That's such a wonderful idea, I've never heard of it. Love how you've decorated your box.

Kassi said...

what a fun idea, and such a great way to inspire and uplift people!

BarbaraW said...

What a cool project. Love how you decorated the box. The CI paint is perfect for the letters.

Kianel said...

Great box Holly and so very cute!
Love from France, Kianel.