Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Read Read Read

Creative Inspiration Paints are so versatile. In my card today, I used the paints to color my image, to create a background, and to highlight embellishments. this week's challenge is back to school. The image (and sentiment) I used are from the new release at Artistic Outpost called Favorite Book. Once she was stamped and painted, I used a spellbinders label die to cut her out and frame her.  The background is a form of paper peeling (TJ newsletter Apr/May 2010) I tore pieces of a dictionary page and glued it to a piece of cardstock. Then I used masking tape to tear off layers of the paper. Once the paper was the way I wanted it, I brushed autumn colors of paint over the entire panel. It gives a cool, distressed background with lots of shimmer.
The leaf embellishments (Sandylion Essentials stickers) have been in my stash forever. I thought that they would be fun to add to my card. Of course, I went for the shimmer and added fairy dust over each of the leaves. I love the result.
Barbara Washington--Designer

4 comments:

Holly said...

This is so cute! I love the autumnal colors in the background and those fun, shimmery leaves!

Kassi said...

I love the background! I've done this technique before but I've always colored it with ink, not painted it. I love the look! I'm gonna have to do this!

Sarah said...

Love, love the background! Such a sweet image and the labels die is the perfect frame for her. Hugs, Sarah

Creative Inspirations said...

Great background