Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Got Charms?


Happy Wednesday!!!! When I saw this  week's Creative Inspirations Challenge, I knew exactly which image I wanted to use - Precious Present by Sylvia Zet for SCACD Stamp Co...not just because CI Paints are awesome for coloring wings...but because...I'll tell you in a bit... ;o)The paints also give any creation that heavenly sparkle I love so much. :o) For today's card, I paired Fairy Dust and Sapphire. The pic below shows all the fabulous shimmer the paints create when light hits it. It's hard to believe a paint can create such brilliant sparkle, but CI Paints do!


I have been holding onto this "Best Friends" charm for quite some time now, and it was time to put it to use. What better encouragement than being challenged to "Use Charms"? Don't you love it when a challenge inspires you to use those neglected goodies you almost forgot about? I know I do!!

Now, onto why this week's particular challenge made this my "go to" image... I can't really explain it, but she reminds me of Wonder Woman, hence the color palette. I know WW couldn't fly...she had her invisible plane to take care of that. Maybe it's the hair...I think that is it. Well, most of my BFFs (this is where the charm comes in) remind me of Wonder Women...they do it all and make it look effortless. I'm sure you can relate. Now, you can see how a simple challenge - focusing on one, little element - can inspire creativity. Hopefully, you have been inspired to show your CHARMing creations with us in this week's Creative Inspirations Paint Challenge.
Blessings and Hugs,
Carolyn

5 comments:

Creative Inspirations said...

How adorable! You did an awesome job showing the paints on your card.

Sarah said...

Awesome! I love how you've colored her. Hugs, Sarah

BarbaraW said...

What a sweet image and cool story.

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful card! I just love the shimmer! Love the colors you used!

Kianel said...

Oh Carolyn, this is just a so beautiful card! love the colors you used and that stamp is just adorable!
Love from France, Kianel.