Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, March 21, 2011

Faux Stained Glass

When I was creating this card I kept thinking how it felt as though I was creating stained glass!

I first stamped my "Cutwork Daffodils" with white dye ink on to some parchament craft vellum and then heated embossed with white embossing powder.
 I really liked heat embossing as it helps paint in the image easier.  (Also if you get a little paint on the white heat embossed areas it wipes off really easily)

I tried to work somewhat quickly, as the paints do dry quickly.  I wanted to add some of the paints as they were still wet to mix them and shade in areas, rather then just lying them on top of each other.

Look at the shimmer!!

I hope you've enjoyed my creation today! Have a great day!!

Kendra

6 comments:

Holly said...

So beautiful! Love this stained glass with soft colors!

Kassi said...

beautiful! great job! I love how you used white embossing powder instead of the traditional black. It really gives it a soft beautiful look.

Creative Inspirations said...

Very beautiful!

Kianel said...

wow Kendra your card is absolutely stunning! i absolutely have to try this technique! thanks for sharing with us!
Love from France, Kianel.

BarbaraW said...

Beautiful. What a great effect.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very pretty- love that you can still see the sparkle!