Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Penciled Creative Inspiration Paints

Hello, it's Barbara with an experiment. One of the techniques from Technique Junkies I recently did was called Penciled Twinks. Basically you use watercolor pencil for highlight and twinkling H2Os for color. The technique had a pretty effect; however, I wanted to see what would happen if I used my Creative Inspirations paints instead of the twinks. The above roses (Heartfelt Creations) are the result. In my opinion, the CI paints worked even better. The paint went on smoother and there was so much more shimmer. I used peach for the roses and I highlighted the die cut and lace with winter frost. That is such a rich white color.
To make the tag background I stamped Butterfly Background (Chapel Road Artstamps) with Versamark and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I used Forest Moss distress ink to color the tag and wiped the ink off of the embossed areas. The white background panel was dry embossed using a Cuttlebug embossing folder.
I think my experiment was a success. I love the technique even better now that I know that my CI paints will give such a great result.

7 comments:

Creative Inspirations said...

I think your experiment was a success too! Great post Barbara.

~ Kendra ~ said...

Great job!

Kassi said...

beautiful! thanks for sharing!

Jenn K said...

Looks like a success to me! Great tag!

Holly said...

Don't you love this tech with the CI Paints?? I have done several cards this way and I'm addicted! Beautiful tag, girlie!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh this is GORGEOUS, Barbara! Thanks for the tip with the TJ newsletter!

Kianel said...

very beautiful card Barbara!
loooove it!
Love from France, Kianel.