Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, March 7, 2011

Gone Green Challenge

This week's challenge is "GONE GREEN".  A fun challenge that could be looked at in many different ways.  You could simply just use the color green, use what you got, reuse something, recycle, etc.

Here's the card I shared yesterday for the challenge, but wanted to share more in depth what I did to create it:
 For this card everything I used was from my stash!  My goal this year has been to use what I got!

For the swirl on this card, I recycled a cereal box!! (My kids love the Tucan!)

I cut the swirl from Cricut cart "Home Decor"
I did have to use a scissors to cut a few spots, but it worked great!  This is a great way to make your own embellishments. Kind of like chipboard.

Finished:

So save those cereal boxes to create your own embellishments

Plus CI Paints add some great shimmer to them! :)

Have a great week!!

8 comments:

Trish and Treasure said...

What a great idea!Love Trish xx

Creative Inspirations said...

That is an awesome idea Kendra! This is a wonderful card.

Kraftychick said...

Kendra-great idea! Did you have to "prime" the chipboard or did the CI paint totally cover it?
Thanks,
jackie

jkraftchick at triad dot rr dot com

~ Kendra ~ said...

The paint covered it perfectly, but it was a dark color. I also cut out another one to use on a different card, but the CI Paint I wanted to used was a lighter color so I first primed that one.

Kassi said...

great job, and what a perfect way to make use of an every day item!

Holly said...

Great job of reusing the cereal chipboard! The floral image is absolutely beautiful!

Chrissy D said...

LOVELY - great idea!!! TFS!

Kianel said...

very beautiful card and i love those colors!
Love from France, Kianel.