Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring Background

Spring has officially arrived. The weather reached 60 degrees on Monday; I saw my first robins; and we're having spring showers.Today it's supposed to reach a high of 40 -- oops. Well, hopefully my card will at least bring a feeling of spring. I love to create my own backgrounds with large background stamps and my favorite medium to use for color is, of course, Creative Inspirations paints. I just love the finished shimmer that the paints create. The stamp I used is from Stamp Camp. I used various shades of pink and green for the flowers and foliage. The butterfly is a die cut I created using a Sizzix die and paper from a Tim Holtz paper stack. I dry embossed it using a Cuttlebug embossing folder. I covered the butterfly with fairy dust for the shimmer. The green pearls add a little bling. The sentiment is from Artistic Outpost. Maybe I should have added a question mark. We have to believe that spring will come to stay soon. Barbara Washington

5 comments:

Creative Inspirations said...

Great card Barbara, love the colors. I hope spring is on its way soon!

Holly said...

It's gonna be 85 here today, so maybe you should move to TX?? LOL Gorgeous card, Barbara!! LOVE the big shimmery butterfly!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful card Barbara!! Great colors!!

Kianel said...

Gorgeous background and beautiful card Barbara!
Love from France, Kianel.

Sarah said...

Hi, Barbara, love those beautiful colors and the wonderfully textured butterfly.