Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Purple Scallops

Good morning! It's Holly posting today. For my project today, I chose to use shades of purple with lots of shimmery scallops. I added a sterling silver butterfly charm and a sweet sentiment stamped in purple ink.


Do you see the shimmer on the scallops and the ribbon? I used Creative Inspirations Paint on each of the scallop layers as well as on some white wrinkled ribbon. The colors I used are (from light to dark) Winter Frost, Light Purple, Lavender, and Royal Purple.

This card is one of the few that actually turned out exactly as I saw it in my head! I love it when that happens! :-)


Stamps: Vintage Butterflies (Cornish Heritage Farms)
Ink: French Lilac Palette
CS: White
Creative Inspirations Paints: Winter Frost, Light Purple, Lavender, and Royal Purple
Other: white wrinkled ribbon (May Arts), silver cord, silver butterfly charm, scalloped edge punch (EK Success)

5 comments:

Creative Inspirations said...

Beautiful card!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Pretty card, like the idea behind your card! I'm going to have to do that sometime!

Kassi said...

I love the graduation of colors! So effective! I count myself lucky when a project turns out half as good as I picture in my head... Oh, what am I saying? I am lucky if I picture a project in my head! LOL! Great card! I love it!

Chrissy D said...

As soon as I saw this, I knew it was yours - love this!

Kianel said...

what a beautiful shimmer there!
your card is very romantic Holly!
Love from France, Kianel.