Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, May 20, 2013

Shimmery Washi Tape


I am so excited to share my post with you today!

I've decided to create my own 
Shimmery Washi Tape!!

Supplies:
Stamps
White Medical Tape
Inks
Wax Paper
Paint Brush (optional)
Embossing Powder  

Start by placing a few pieces of tape on some wax paper and then using a paint brush, paint some shimmery paint on the tape! 


Next use the background stamp or other stamp of your choice to add a pattern to your "faux" washi tape!

I then cut the "washi tape" in half, to make it a little smaller and created my card!



Close-up:
The shimmery washi tape is so pretty!!

I used CI Paint Fuchsia, Plum and Tutu Pink.

For the bottom two pieces I embossed the stamped images with Deliquesce Fine White embossing powder!

It was so much fun creating my own washi tape!!

Have a shimmery day!!



10 comments:

Julie Odil said...

Kendra, this is beautiful! I love how it turned out. Great project!

Shylaashree said...

i am impressed by your idea kendra, beautiful card

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful Kendra Love how you used the products on the tape

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Kimberly S said...

These are gorgeous Kendra! What a great way to match your project perfectly too. :) hugs, Kimberly

simply monica said...

Awesome idea Kendra. Love it.

Shea said...

Love these tapes, Kendra, and I'm inspired to use the medical tape I happen to have on hand! Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

What a fun and creative idea!
Love the project!

Kassi said...

So pretty! I must admit that I am totally addicted to washi tape although I don't actually own any. Love CI washi!

Emily D. said...

I'm soooo going to have to do this!! Live your tapes!!!

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

What a fabulous idea!! Love the creativity!!