Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, May 27, 2013

You Make My Heart Sing

Hello friends! Today I have an Artist Trading Card I created using some of my favorite Deliquesce embossing powders from Creative Inspirations Paint! 

I must admit, until this year, I had NEVER embossed anything! I owned an embossing gun and a couple of powders, but had never used them! Now I absolutely love embossing whenever I can!!! 


Making this was super simple. Using some Coal paint, my Gelli Plate and bubble wrap, I created the background of the card. I used Versamark embossing ink and a stencil for the sentiment and embossed some Deliquesce Super Sparkle Red over it. It really sparkles! 

I cut the heart out of some packaging and primed it with white gesso. Using my Versamark pad again, I stamped the musical notes and embossed using Deliquesce in Fine Black. I used some Garnet paint on the edges of the heart and also to color the smaller heart inside. 

Here are some close ups of the heart and sentiment... check out that shimmer and sparkle! 



I hope you've enjoyed my card today, and that you all have had a fantastic Memorial Day weekend! Remember that our Inspired By: Anything Goes Challenge is still going on this week!! Get your entries in!!  

Before I say goodbye, here is a recap of the paints and powders I used: 





Have a great day!!! 






5 comments:

Shea said...

Love the grungy sweetness of this, Em! I have that sparkle embossing powder but haven't used it yet, and now I'm inspired to do so! Thanks for the inspiration!

Kimberly S said...

This is fabulous Em! Love the color combination too. :) hugs, Kimberly

~ Kendra ~ said...

LOVE!! How pretty! Love the sentiment! Great color combo and technique used!!

Dana Tatar said...

Super cool card Em! I love the pop of red!

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful Emily I love the strong graphics of this piece.

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com