Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Paris (I Can Dream, Can't I?)

Hello!!

Shea here!  Today's card is a "just because" kind of card that I've made using the ever delightful Creative Inspirations paints.  I love, love, LOVE them, and one of my favorite ways to use them is the marbled background technique, which you can find here.  It is my new favorite technique and I've already done it several times.


This time I've used Tutu Pink, Mellow Yellow and Pink Highlights, the last of which is interesting because it looks ivory until you turn it towards the light, then the shimmery pink shows up.


I had to photograph the card at a couple of different angles to try to capture the shimmery goodness.  See that slight pink?


Here's another closeup.  You can see more of the pink down there to the right.  I really wish I could have a video within a picture so I could move the card around and show you the shimmer.  It is a fascinating way to create an interesting background that can pretty much stand on its own.

And that, dear friends, is today's card.  Thanks so much for joining me and I hope you play with your paints today!  What?  You don't have any?  You need to hie yourself over to Creative Inspirations then and GET some.

And while we're at it, don't forget to visit the Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog to join in the fun.  You DON'T need to have CI Paints to play, either.  This fortnight's challenge is Mother's Day.

Happy crafting!


CI Paints used:

Pink Highlights, Mellow Yellow, Tutu Pink


5 comments:

simply monica said...

Gorgeous card love the embossed chandelier - came out perfect!

Unknown said...

Very pretty and love how you used the CIP colors!

Cheryl Walker said...

Very very pretty!!! Love the colors on this!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

DIANA L. said...

Gorgeous I love everything about it and the colors you used are perfect for a Paris card.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Emily D. said...

So beautiful! I dream of Paris too!