Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Congrats

Hi All, Carla here today!

I love this image by Great Impressions and wanted to keep this card simple so the stamps and paints could shine. I stamped the Flower Flourish twice in black and heat embossed it with clear powder. The flowers kind of reminded me of Forget-Me-Nots, so I painted them with Aqua Marine, Buttercup and Copper CI Paints. The leaves are painted with Green Olive and a little Emerald in the centers. The great thing about embossing your images before painting them is that the embossing sort of acts as a resist and makes it super easy to quickly color and not have to worry quite so much about staying in the lines.

Here is a close-up of the detail and the lovely shine:

 
Here's a shot of the Paints that I used:

Cheers!

Carla

7 comments:

Dawnll said...

Such a sweet design

Shanna Shands said...

I really love how you made this card. CAS cards are fun fast and elegant I think! Sometimes the less is more is nice!

Sandie said...

Beautifully created, very elegant.

~ Kendra ~ said...

So pretty! Love the shimmer!!

BarbaraW said...

Such a pretty CAS card

Kianel said...

Beautiful card and sooo elegant, love it Carla!
Love from france, kianel.

Traci S. said...

This is a beautiful, elegant card! I like the hint to emboss first, and that it helps keep the paint in the specific area. I know this really works great, I just didn't find out for a long time. I love the beautiful colors you chose (aren't they all beautiful thought?) and they did remind me of Forget-Me-Knots!

He IS Able!
Traci Starkweather

You May Receive 1-5 Cards Weekly!
http://He-IS-Able.blogspot.com