Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, March 26, 2012

Copper Snowflakes

Hello everyone! It's Holly posting today and I am sharing a Christmas card with y'all. Christmas?? It's spring-time! LOL Yup, I saw a fun challenge on the Jingle Belles blog and I was in love with the inspiration picture there. I just had to play along, and guess what? I now have one Christmas card ready for December!


I wanted to stick with that neutral color palette, but I needed a bit of oomph to make it pop. Instead of stamping in brown, I decided to emboss the snowflakes and sentiment with Copper embossing powder from Creative Inspirations Paint. I tried to use a brown cardstock layer, and then a copper cardstock layer, but they just didn't look right. More Copper embossing powder to the rescue! I embossed the layers with the same powder so everything would coordinate. You can see the awesome copper color in this picture below:


I purposely made this card CAS (Clean And Simple) and I didn't add any other embellishments. This card is perfect for mailing with just one postage stamp. Now I'm off to make a big stash of these in different colors - I'll be ready for Christmas this year! :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dawnll said...

The shine is wonderful and such a fun design!

~ Kendra ~ said...

LOVE the design!! Also love all the copper EP you used!! So elegant!

BarbaraW said...

Cool Christmas card with a perfect sentiment for the paints and powders.