Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, May 21, 2012

Love Butterflies

Happy Monday!

Kendra, here with two butterfly cards!  This past year I have been in love with anything butterflies!

So I thought I would do a post with two butterfly cards I've created recently!

Both of them were created using the Parchment craft technique, a technique I have really enjoyed doing!  Especially with these butterflies!

First of a card inspired by my favorite color!
I just LOVE how tihs card turned out!!

My eyes went crazy trying to cut out some of these small pieces on the butterfly, but I sure like the look of it when it was finished!!

I used Sunshine and Antique Silver on this butterfly!


The next one is a thank you card:

I used Ivory, Sky Blue and Coal to add a ton of shimmer to the butterfly! 

The stamp I used for this card is called Dot Butterfly which is probably my favorite stamp from SweetStamps.com.

The paints work well with vellum and I just love how the shimmer looks on it!

Hope you have a great week!!

Kendra


6 comments:

Anita said...

These are both gorgeous Kendra!

Colleen Dietrich said...

You sure did an amazing job cutting out those vellum butterflies, Kendra. Wow! It is seamless and perfect! Both cards are very beautiful, and you've inspired me to paint on vellum.

Sandie said...

Kendra, your cards are so gorgeous, love the butterflies and how you cut them out!

Creative Inspirations said...

Those cards are beautiful Kendra!

BarbaraW said...

Butterflies and CI paints -- a match made in heaven.

Kianel said...

Gorgeous card Kendra!
Love the effect of the paint on the vellum: beautiful!!!
Love, Kianel.