Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

dream cover...

Hey everyone! There was a last minute emergency, so I'm here filling in.. Hope you guys don't get too tired of me. LOL!

Today I thought I would share with you the cover of a mini album I'm working on. 
The chipboard was first covered with a layer of gesso. I then added a thin layer of modeling paste.  I stamped into the wet paste to give even more texture. Once that was dry, I covered the whole thing with Light Purple Creative Inspirations paint. I then used my finger to rub on some Royal Purple CI paint to highlight the texture.

 "dream" was stamped onto canvas with Turquoise CI paint. I love how the texture of the fabric shows through... (can you tell I like texture? LOL!)

 The flowers were done using the faux plastic technique using Sunshine, Tickled Pink and Sky Blue CI paints. (these colors are so bright and happy!)

Each butterfly was stamped twice on acetate, then cut out. When layering them, I only put glue on the body so the wings would move and add dimension. 
(can you see some of that great texture behind the butterfly?)

Have a wonderful day everyone!

6 comments:

Creative Inspirations said...

Love the texture and very cool butterfly.

~ Kendra ~ said...

LOVE IT! So pretty!! Love all the shimmer!

Sarah said...

Kassi, this is awesome! I love the beautiful colors and how you created the background. Hugs, Sarah

Holly said...

Wow.......... this is so cool!!! I bet the shimmer is just awesome when you hold this in your hands. All that texture is just too fabulous - love the text stamped with paint onto the canvas. I need to muster up the courage to try that. :-)

Jenn K said...

What a beautiful cover!!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Oh, Kassi. How beautiful. So much love and work went into your mini album cover. Love the shimmer on the flowers.