Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, April 4, 2011

Happy for Spring

 Our challenge this week is "SPRING"

Oh am I so happy for SPRING!  I just love the first sign of flowers! Although it will be awhile here yet, as we do have some snow yet.

Here's my creation I shared with you yesterday, but wanted to share some more of the details with you:

 
After stamping the sentiment I used Creative Inspiration Paint "Light Purple" to add some shimmer to the top.

I really like using the CI Paints to alter white ribbon to match my card. I had some white lace type ribbon that I wanted to make match my card better, so I used "Burgundy" to alter the ribbon.

Before:

In the process:
(Note: I used "Light Purple" on this sample)

Finished sample using "Burgundy" along with the original white:


Lastly, here is the cute little butterfly I added and used "Fairy Dust" to add some shimmer to it!

And welcome to our 5th CI Paints DT term!! Can you believe it's been a year since we first started here?!  We are welcoming some new DT members, so make sure to check back to see their creations!

Well I hope you enjoyed my card!

8 comments:

Creative Inspirations said...

Beautiful card, love the butterfly.

Sarah said...

Kendra, your card is beautiful. Love the shimmery ribbon. And I, too, am so ready to see some beautiful flowers outside.

Kirei na Kami said...

Such a gorgeous birthday card, and a lovely springtime creation!! I love all the shimmer and sparkle...and the lovely altered lace:)

Hugs!
Carolyn

BarbaraW said...

Beautiful card. I love the idea of altering ribbon or lace with the paints.

Holly said...

Ohhh such a beautiful card! Love the shimmery lace!!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!! Love all the shimmery!!

Kassi said...

I love all the different textures and dimension! great job!

Kianel said...

gorgeous birthday card Kendra!
love from France, Kianel.