Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

New DT Birthday Card

Hi there everyone!! This is Carole Chesser here and I am so super excited to have my first DT post with Creative Inspirations! I still can't believe I get to be part of the team!!

This past week has been birthday central around my house, so I made a birthday card using a few Unity stamps. I thought I'd try painting directly onto my stamps and stamping with them, since I'd never used my paints that way before. As you can see, it worked out really well! It's definitely a different look, but I think it came out really cool, plus the shimmer is fantastic!
I especially love the look of the vine stamp down the left side of the card. I'm definitely going to be using this technique more often! I did learn that it works a lot better with a stamp that has more solid areas, rather than just outlines, such as the sentiment, but that did still work. I can hardly wait to try it with multiple colours!

I used Emerald on the vine and sentiment and Evergreen on the tree. I painted a second layer to add a little dimension after the first layer was about half dry. I wanted it to be a little streaky, so it looks more like it has depth.

11 comments:

Sarah said...

Carole, that is such a pretty technique. I, too, love the look of the vine. Beautiful birthday card! Hugs, Sarah

Creative Inspirations said...

I like the vine going down the card. Great card and welcome aboard.

Lila said...

i love this card, its beautifull

xx

Holly said...

Welcome to the team!! Such a fun card!

jennyk said...

I love the effect you achieved with the paints on this card, as well as the overall design.

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful card!

Kassi said...

I love the not quite perfect look the paint gives the stamp! It makes it look hand painted, and fun!

Kirei na Kami said...

Hi, Carole!!! Your card is BEAUTIFUL!!! I am loving all the wonderful green...makes me think of springtime and picnics:)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

You did an amazing job. I love the vines too. The technique you used is very interesting. TFS.

BarbaraW said...

Beautiful job. These paints are so much fun to experiment with.

Kianel said...

Welcome to the team Carole and what a beautiful way to come in!
gorgeous card, very fun!
Love from France, Kianel.