Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spring Banner

This week our challenge here at Creative Inspirations Paint is "SPRING".  I've never made a banner before so I thought I would make one for my craft room.


I used crepe paper to make the ruffle at the top and then sewed it and the rick rack onto the pennant.  The crepe paper and doily were painted with CIP "Fairy Dust".


The letters were painted with white acrylic paint and then painted with CIP "Winter Frost".  I then added some extra bling with Diamond Dust.


Those bright colors have certainly brought some cheer into my craft room which is sorely needed since we have had a week of dark, rainy days.

Make sure to check out the other DT's spring creations! I'm sure you'll find lots of shimmery inspiration for your spring projects.

7 comments:

Holly said...

Ohhh this is wonderful! I love the colors and the shimmer and the sweet Spring sentiment on your banner!!

Kirei na Kami said...

WOW!!! What a FUN and cheerful creation!!!! How I wish I could sew...but my sewing machine doesn't seem to like me much:} Sarah, this banner is absolutely FABULOUS!!! I LOVE IT!!!

Hugs!!
Carolyn

Kassi said...

I love how bright and cheery it is! great job!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Love the bright cheery colors you used! Beautiful banner!

BarbaraW said...

Great banner. Love the colors. Let's hear it for spring! Hurray!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What a wonderful project. You put so much work into it, and it paid off. Encore.

Kianel said...

beautiful, fun and colorfull banner!
beautiful work!
love from France, Kianel.