Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easter Joy

This week the challenge at Creative Inspiration Paints is Inspired by Eggs. I thought that this bunny and his Easter basket full of chicks and a few Easter eggs was so much fun. The stamp is from Cornish Heritage Farms (which is no longer in business). I used my CI paints to color the image. Then I created the background. I used some mesh tape that I have had for eons. I put it over a piece of blue cardstock and then sponged CI paints over the mesh. I started with sky blue and then added touches of tickle me pink, sunshine yellow and winter frost for highlights. I adhered the bunny to the painted background. This I adhered to a purple panel and then to a yellow cardbase. (Yes, it is yellow, even though it scanned orange-ish.) I stamped the sentiment on a piece of pink design paper and glued a fragment tag over the top. I love the shimmer of the image and the cool background. The colors just scream spring!
Barbara Washington - designer

7 comments:

Creative Inspirations said...

Great card Barbara, love the background!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful card! Love the image!

Kassi said...

I love the background! great job!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Hippity, hoppity, Easter's on it's way--LOL. So cute. Very nice background.

Kirei na Kami said...

Oh Barbara, this card is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love all the fabulous texture and the lovely sparkles!! Now, your card has me craving a chocolate bunny:)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Kianel said...

Barbara, your card is stunning with soooo many small details!
Love from France, Kianel.

Holly said...

Oooohhh love the background and the old fashioned bunny from CHF! (I miss CHF too!!)