Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, April 22, 2013

Canvas + CI Paints = Timeless

As you all know, I love creating with canvas... I could work with nothing but various size canvases and be completely happy. Yesterday, I pulled out some printed canvas that I had purchased at Michaels a while back and a 6x6 canvas along with my Creative Inspirations Paints and got to work. 

I used a mixture of Beige, Carmel and Antique Copper paints on the canvas page with the clock print. I used a fabric medium with the paints so that they would blend into the canvas rather than only sit on top of it. This was the first time I tried this with the CI Paints. It worked rather well. I sealed it all with a matte medium and Mod Podge. 


I had some foil tape left over from a previous project that was embossed with clocks... this I adhered with modeling paste to the front, and another to one side of the canvas. Tissue paper, joint tape and more modeling paste was added to the other sides of the canvas for texture. For the first time, I did not add any stamping to a canvas. I may go back and change this, but for now I like how it looks. More Antique Copper was added to the sides and front embossed clock. After it dried, I went over the raised portions of the front and sides of the canvas with some Antique Gold using my finger. When you look at the canvas from any side it has that fantastic shimmer that we all love so much with the paints. 


In the close ups above, you can see the texture that the embossed foil tape, modeling paste, tissue paper and joint tape created. I find it fun to finish the sides of my canvas as though they are the center of the piece themselves. I like it when you can look at a project from any side and see lots of detail. Something to think about the next time you create a canvas piece. :) 

And as always, the colors I used in my piece... 


Wishing you a wonderful day full of creativity and messy hands!! 



5 comments:

Dana Tatar said...

Gorgeous! I love all the texture and shimmer on this piece!

Unknown said...

Love all the color's and texture!
Gorgeous!

Lagene said...

Wonderful "antiqued" canvas!

Catherine Jane said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Wow, what a beautiful canvas!! Love all the texture and especially the shimmer!