Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Friday, April 19, 2013

Card using Gelli Plate and CI Paints

Hi and Happy Friday everyone! It's Emily here, and today I have a colorful card I made using some wonderful Creative Inspirations Paints and embossing powders along with my Gelli Plate. 

I was curious if the CI Paints would work differently on the Gelli Plate than typical acrylics, but guess what? They don't! They work just as well as basic acrylic paints! And with the CI Paints you get the added shimmer bonus! 

Here is how my card turned out... 


The sentiment was stenciled on with modeling paste and then I sealed it with Deliquesce Clear embossing powder. Deliquesce Fine Black embossing powder was used around the letters to make them pop. The whole card has this shimmer... in person it is awesome!  

You can see some of the shimmer below....
This was definitely one of my favorite cards to make. I used Fuchsia and Denium CI Paints for the dots and chevron patterns. The yellow is a heavy body acrylic. I was originally afraid I would get a greenish color with the Denium over the yellow acrylic, but it didn't happen. That is one of the great things about the Creative Inspirations Paint. Since they are transparent, they will still retain their color when painted over another lighter color of paper or acrylic. And you can see the Denium dots through the Fuchsia in their original color as well. It's best to make sure that each layer is dry before adding another with the CI Paints in this kind of process. This is what I found was best. :) 

Colors used in "High Five!" Card:


Thanks for joining me today! I will see you tomorrow with another card I made using a technique shared on an older tutorial post..... it's definitely a post you can't miss! 





4 comments:

Dana Tatar said...

Super cool card Emily!

Shea said...

Very cool, and the technique is awesome! LOVE it!

Unknown said...

Very fun and so cool!

DIANA L. said...

Great Colors Emily I love it!!