Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Shimmer Flowers

Hello!

Shea here with my very first project for you!  Today's card features some fun flowers that I made using several colors of CI Paints and the Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers die.


Normally I like to use lots of texture and patterns, not to mention glitter and bling, on my cards but this flower is so colorful and shimmery that I decided to let it stand alone (almost).  It was so much fun! 

First I die cut all of the pieces several times each out of patterned CS, then I sprayed them with water and scrunched them to give them, well, a tattered look.  They are very fragile at this stage and easily torn, as you can see on the green flower with the long, thin petals.  Not a problem, the torn off petal can be attached later.

I painted them with multiple layers of paints, first with Tutu Pink around the centers, then Sky Blue, Mellow Yellow, and Sage for the appropriate colored layers.

Then I layered them, centering them with a pearl.  See how the patterned papers show through the layers of paint?


Here's one closeup showing the shimmery goodness...

...and another closeup showing the patterns.

And that was all there was to it!  I have lots of flowers left over for future projects as I got a little carried away while making them.

The rest of the card was simple.  A quick run through the Big Shot for the base layer with a dot embossing folder, a simple sentiment enhanced with pearls from my stash, and some Metallic Inspirations matte brads finish this simple, yet still colorful card.

Thank you so much for joining me and I hope we see you over at our latest CI Challenge, the theme of which is Anything Goes!

Happy crafting!


Colors used:

Sage, Sky Blue, Tutu Pink, Mellow Yellow



9 comments:

stitch-and-greet said...

Wow wow wow. This is jaw dropping amazing! I´m really thrilled. Thanks for sharing with us, regards Renata xo

jessica said...

gorgeous job Shea!!

Dana Tatar said...

Gorgeous card Shea! I LOVE the flower. =)

Elizabeth Hart said...

So beautiful - the flowers are extraordinary!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Love the design & colors you used!

~ Kendra ~ said...

AMAZING!! I just LOVE LOVE LOVE your beautiful flowers!!

Kimberly S said...

Beautiful card Shea, the flower is simply beautiful! :) hugs, Kimberly

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

You guys over here at Creative Inspirations are lucky to have a designer of Shea's caliber on your team. Fabulous creation making the painted flower the star of the show. Amazing!

Lisa D.

Emily D. said...

Beautiful!!! The flower is amazing... Loving all of the color!!!