Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, January 14, 2013

Home is Love - A Colorful Canvas

With the weather being so dreary these days, I have been making my art as bright and colorful as I possibly can.  I have also been extremely inspired by Christy Tomlinson's mixed media canvas work. If you aren't familiar with it, I highly suggest that you take a look at it. 

Today's canvas is one of my favorites. I used  a lot of Creative Inspirations Paint on the background and other elements of the piece. CI Paints are great for covering patterned paper without totally losing the pattern. You can also add water and thin them down even more so you have just a bit of color. 

To make the background of my canvas, I first covered it with patterned papers. After they were dry I started adding my paints. I used transparent paints along with my CI Paints in Sky Blue, Turquoise, Evergreen and Green Olive. I chose to use my fingers to apply the paint rather than a paintbrush so that I had more freedom with the paint. I also like the texture I get when using my fingers instead of brushes. 


I made the house out of patterned paper and washi tape. My Faber Castell pens were used to get a more painted look on the edges. I also added some CI Paints in Garnet on the house and Sunshine, Pumpkin and Orange paints on the roof and flower that is in the center. The door is a Prima wood door I cut in half and painted the backside with Sunshine and Buttercup paints. I added Siam Jeweled Inspirations to the door, heart and flower for some bling. Turquoise and Garnet were used on the edges of my heart. 

I absolutely love how this canvas turned out. The colors are rich and vibrant, and looking at the canvas makes me happy, especially in dreary weather like we have been having. It really brightens my day! 

Here are some more close ups of the canvas.... 


Supply List: CI Paints in Buttercup, Sky Blue, Sunshine, Garnet, Turquoise, Evergreen, Green Olive, Pumpkin and Orange
Canvas
Acrylic Paint
Tin foil
Vintage Book pages
StazOn Ink in black
Wooden Letters
Prima Wooden Door
Patterned paper from Studio Calico kit
Sketch Pen


The exact Creative Inspirations Paint products used:



I hope you can find inspiration in my colorful canvas and know that these awesome paints can be used for more than just basic pages and cards. Thanks for stopping in! See you soon! 

And a reminder that there is a great Inspired By - Your Favorite Stamp Challenge going on right now on the blog! Check it out and join us!! 



10 comments:

Unknown said...

thabnks for sharing such an amazing information about the painting.
Canvas Art Painting

jessica said...

WOW!!! This is awesome Emily!! GORGEOUS inspiration!!!

Migdalia said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!
Have a Wonderful Day,
Migdalia

LindaS said...

Love the house. Gorgeous creation.

Shelly Schmidt said...

WOWZA- LOVE, LOVE this!!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!! Love everything about it!!
2 minds thing alike I have been wanting to create with a house too sometime this Spring.
Thanks so mcuh for the inspiration!!!
Your canvas is amazing!
I love CT!!

DIANA L. said...

This is so super Emily!!.
I love the simple and fun look of the piece.

simply monica said...

Wowwzers my favorite! LOVE LOVE IT! EMILY!!!

Sandie said...

Emily, this is so gorgeous and arty!

Dana Tatar said...

I LOVE this canvas! Awesome work! Thanks for the inspiration Em!