Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Friday, January 18, 2013

Listen to your Heart... use CI Paints! ;)

Hooray, it's Friday! I'm so happy that the weekend is finally here! Today I have a tag to share with you that I created for a banner setup I put together to hold cards and tags in our house. All it consists of is a long piece of twine with miniature clothes hangers along it to display the cards and tags. I change out the cards and tags depending on the time of the year and seasons. It is really working out well and is one of our favorite spots in the house. :) 


Believe it or not, there are quite a few CI Paints on this little tag. A lot of colors were used on the background of the tag which I first covered with Mod Podge and various pieces of old ledger pages. After the pieces had dried I applied Carmel, Blush, Rose Quartz Tickled Pink and some Beige paints. The girl was cut out out from a card I had received in a scrapbook kit years ago that I saved in hopes I would some day use. I finally did! I used Fairy Dust on her crown, Sea Foam and Coal on her eyes, and some Autumn Wheat on her wings. Beige and Antique copper were used on the girl's dress. After all of the paints had dried, I used a stencil and some Light Modeling paste to make the hearts which I covered in Deliquesce Super Sparkle Pink and then heat gunned. As a final step, I used my sketch pen to trace around the girl, hearts and sticker phrase. 

Look at all of the sparkle and glimmer of the Deliquesce on the hearts! I love it! 

You can see some more of the shimmer of the background and her dress here. 


 Once again, I have a collage of all of the Creative Inspirations Paint products used in my project today. 

I hope you have enjoyed my tag today. I will see you soon! 



7 comments:

Nancy said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this tag ~ it's Amazing!!! Beautiful work Emily!
Nancy xx :D

jessica said...

this is beautiful Emily!!!

DIANA L. said...

So uber cool Emily, great use of the paints

Unknown said...

OMG! This is so fun and creative!!
Love it!!

Dana Tatar said...

Gorgeous tag Em!

Kimberly S said...

This looks so fun, and how awesome that you could use so many colors on it! :) hugs, Kimberly

Cheryl Walker said...

Emily Beautiful job hun!!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl