Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, January 28, 2013

Paint the Sky...

 Recently we have been getting rain in our area, and I was wishing for some sunshine. I didn't get it in reality, but I do have some sunshine for you in the form of a canvas. Of course there are loads of Creative Inspirations Paints on this canvas which I made in a short time. I thought this would look cute in a white frame in my daughters room. It matches a lot of the colors in her room... very colorful! 


In order to achieve this look, I first decoupaged old hymnal pages and sewing patterns to my canvas. After they dried, I added some acrylic and translucent paints in blues and greens for the sky and grass. I used my water bottle to thin them out more so that I could still see the music on the page. Once my paints had dried, that was when I added my CI Paints. I used Green Olive for the grass, and Amethyst, Sea Foam, Buttercup, Lavender, Mango, Sky Blue and Rose Quartz on the sky. After the paints had dried, I used some modeling paste to make clouds and painted over them with white acrylic paint. Stamps were used for more texture, doodles with a sketch pen, and the quote "Paint the sky your favorite color" as my final addition.   I was trying to achieve something similar to a setting sun, or a rising sun. I think in this case, it is more of a rising sun. It came out very child like and whimsical which really works for Serenity's room. I wasn't sure if I liked it, but I think I do now! 

The paints really shimmer in the light when they are hit just right. I love it. Serenity adores any of my projects with Creative Inspirations Paint. She says they are sparkly! 

Here are a few close ups of the canvas. 

If you remember, Kassi shared an awesome tutorial on using tissue paper with your CI Paints HERE. I used her tips in the tutorial for this canvas! Be sure to check it out! 

And here is my paint palette of CI Paints in the piece. 


Thank you for stopping by today! I will see you soon! 




5 comments:

simply monica said...

Gorgeous painting Emily! Love it

DIANA L. said...

Very cute Emily- hope you continue to get sun!
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Gorgeous canvas!!
Love it!!

~ Kendra ~ said...

WOW, such a beautiful canvas, love it! Beautiful job! Love the texture! I bet it is even more beautiful in real life!

Kimberly S said...

You did such an amazing job on your canvas Em, so pretty! :) hugs, Kimberly